As much as I love fall semester, spring semester always seems to fly on by because there is always so much happening! Besides the fact that I leave for Paris in three weeks (ahhhhh!) I'm trying not to get too excited because there is still so much to do before we leave.
However, one of the things that I love most about spring semester is that I get to look forward to where I'm going to live next year! Luckily, campus housing is so convenient that it's easy to find housing without a hitch. Here are my five reasons as to why YOU should consider living on-campus:
- The people. Whether you're from Salt Lake City or South Africa, living on campus is the best way to meet new people and make friends. It will open your mind to new ways of living and gives you a built in family. I wouldn't know half the people that I know today if I didn't live on campus my first two years at Westminster.
- The quintessential experience. Whether it's watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off in the lounge at midnight, cooking enchiladas in the kitchen, or having people over for a Just Dance competition, there is never a shortage of wacky things to do just a few feet from your bedroom (plus, who doesn't love to take their mind off of homework for a few hours?!).
- It's convenient. Nobody likes to drive (or walk!) in the snow if they don't have to. Living on campus guarantees a maximum 10 minute walk to wherever you need to go. You can also wake up 15 minutes before your 12 PM class and make it with minutes to spare...
- It's all-inclusive. The sticker price may not seem comparable to that apartment down the street, but with campus housing, what you see is what you get. You don't have to worry about paying extra for garbage, water, electricity, or internet, because it's all available in one place.
- There are options. Whether you want to share a room in Hogle or Carleson your freshman year, enjoy your own space on the Village Green in Olwell, Behnken, or Stock, or take advantage of Westminster's luxurious On the Draw, you're certainly not stuck anywhere. Pick what is right for you and enjoy all of the amenities that Sugarhouse and Westminster living has to offer!
As for me? I'm going to be living with my friend Elle in the Draw next year! We're completely excited and we wish that we could move in right now. Some of the best parts of the Draw? A washer & dryer in every apartment, covered parking, dishwasher, and fitness center! Perfection.
|The view of the Draw from 1300 E.|
|Picture courtesy of The Forum.|